The Utah Lake Life Jacket Loaner Program provides the public with free use of life jackets on a first-come, first-served basis. Research shows that most drowning could have been prevented if a life jacket had been worn by the victim. The goals for this program are to increase the wearing of life jackets during water-based activities as well as to educate the visiting public on the importance of proper use and fit of life jackets and water safety.
Utah Lake Life Jacket Loaner Program
How Can I Help?
Monetary donations will help to:
- constructing stands for storing/displaying the loaner life jackets at the marinas,
- purchasing additional life jackets and
- raising awareness through community outreach.
Donate Life Jackets
You can drop off lightly-used life jackets at Utah Lake Commission Offices. Life jackets must be in good condition:
- US Coast Guard approved
- Label on inside must be legible
- Zippers and Buckle straps in good condition