The newly formed Utah Lake Authority (ULA) is working with Jacobs to develop the Utah Lake Management Plan, as directed by the Utah State Legislature in House Bill 232, Utah Administrative Code (UAC) 11-65-202-(2)-(a). This Management Plan will describe a vision and mission for achieving the policies and objectives described in UAC 11-65-203 and specific actions to be taken to achieve the goals and objectives of the planning effort. House Bill 232 specifies that the ULA shall “consult with and seek and consider input from the legislative or governing body of each adjacent political subdivision” and “work cooperatively with and receive input from the Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands.” Further, a draft version of the plan will be posted to the Utah Public Notice website for a 30-day comment period, and all comments submitted should be considered. The Management Plan will be dynamic (to be updated regularly) and will include a monitoring component and criteria to evaluate success in achieving the goals of each project.
ABOUT THE UTAH LAKE MANAGEMENT PLAN
The planning workgroup has begun meeting to provide recommendations to the ULA board and staff on drafting the comprehensive management plan for Utah Lake. Meetings are held as needed. Location is currently at the Utah County Historic Courthouse, 3rd Floor Ballroom. Please check the Public Notice website prior to attending to verify location. Agendas for upcoming meetings are posted 24 hours+ prior to the meeting.
November 30 – Kickoff meeting with ULA board (ULA Board work session)
December 20 – Vision and Mission Workshop
January 18 – Goals and Objectives Workshop
PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT ON THE MANAGEMENT PLAN
We welcome feedback on the development of the Utah Lake management plan! This flyer shows several ways people can learn more and engage in the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Public meeting – early spring 2023
- A public meeting will be held to present the initial conceptual framework for the Management Plan and the resource concerns, goals, and objectives developed by the Planning Team.
- Input will be solicited from members of the public prior to the development of the full Management Plan.
- Public engagement survey – early spring 2023
- An online random sample survey will be developed to solicit input from the public.
- Review of draft Management Plan
- A copy of the draft Management Plan will be posted to the Utah Public Notice website for a 30‑day comment period.
- Comments submitted during the comment period will be considered by the ULA Governing Board before adopting the Management Plan.